Sunday, February 1, 2015

Introduction - Russell Ramblings

My parents camped for many many years - first in a tent, then a Nimrod popup trailer, then a larger popup trailer.  At one point they made a sign that they could hang at the campsite that read "The Ramblin' Russells".  With my parents' passing, my youngest brother now is in possession of the sign and it hangs proudly at their home in northern Thailand where he and his wife are missionaries.  But I also thought that it would make a good title for a new blog.

My sister has started a blog with different entries about various family members.  This will be some of my own stories.  I recently wrote a book about "My Life" that detailed all my early history and the "stories" about my growing up.  This blog will continue where that left off.  I already have a few ideas about things that I will post in the coming days.

You will see a number of "threads" throughout this blog - identified by the labels I attach to the various entries:
- Genealogy Stories - stories about my ancestors
- Wolcott History - information about various facets of the history of Wolcott, the town I grew up in and where my parents lived from 1946 until they passed on in 2006 and 2012 respectively
- Planning - financial planning, primarily for retirement
- Technology - interesting historical information about the early days of computing, usually from my personal experience
- Family - stories about my more current family life

If any one of these topics interests you, then feel free to read the various entries in this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment