Tuesday, December 6, 2016

About Me

Some people have been posting on Facebook recently things that you might not know about them. Since Facebook is so fleeting and things disappear from your newsfeed so quickly, I decided to post this on my blog instead.

In keeping with the most recent sharing of "x" things that you might not know about me:

(1) I scored over 700 on both parts of the SAT as well as all three SAT-II's I took (English, Chemistry, Math) - high was 789 on Math

(2) I didn't have a car until I was in grad school - a new 1970 dodge dart - red with black vinyl top. As an undergrad I was still using the one-speed bike that I bought back in elementary school

(3) I was the class "fairy godmother" for our 12th grade "class night" in high school - my name was "Algonquin Godperson" - got to wear a long gown and mop for a wig (it was a brand new mop head and the lint drove me crazy all night)

(4) I bought an encyclopedia and set of the "Great Books" after college - and read every one of them! (the Great Books that is). (I also often read the encyclopedia just for enjoyment)

(5) I played the flute from 4th grade through and even after college - until a jaw operation left part of my lower lip without feeling and so I lost my embouchure

(6) I've been this tall since 8th grade - I got my growth early and was the only boy that the girls never caught up to (which made me popular for at least a little while)


(7) I'm fanatical about proper spelling and grammar - as my students could all attest on the papers they wrote in my classes

No comments:

Post a Comment