Thursday, December 24, 2020

Index to Russell blogs

As we reach the end of a decade, I have now written 500 entries in my blog since beginning in February 2015. I’ve written on a variety of subjects, but there are a few deserve special recognition – stories about the Pierpont family, stories about my Russell ancestors, and stories about the history of my hometown, Wolcott, CT. I’ve written so many about these three topics that I thought it might be helpful to put together an index of all the stories in these areas.

This is the index for all those stories about the Russell family, organized into various categories to make it easier to read them (instead of doing a search in my blog and reading them in chronological order).

Family Origins

·       Origins of the Russell Family name

·       Russell Ancestral Lines

·       Royal and famous relations

·       Tracing the Russell family

·       Scandinavian Roots

·       My Norman ancestors

·       My Pedigree

 

Early Generations

·       John Russell - Immigrant Soldier

·       John Russell - Revolutionary War service

·       Loyalists in my family tree

·       Finding Caleb Russell's Family

·       Silas Russell descendants

·       Phoebe Isaacs

·       Caleb Barton

·       Literacy in my Russell ancestors

·       Anna Pauline Merchant

·       A major flaw in my family tree - part 1

·       A major flaw in my family tree - part 2

·       Morgan Lewis Cook

·       Benjamin Judd Rogers

·       Stephen Simmons - Civil War Casualty

·       Being a Mayflower Blue Blood

 

Great-grandparents and Grandparents

·       Louis Russell

·       Erskine Russell

·       Walter Linus Russell

·       Edith Russell

·       Tracing Female Ancestors

·       Sisters and step-sisters

·       Eva's journals

·       Finding Juanita

·       Vera Estelle Levy

·       The Gap in the Levy Story

·       Nana Rogers and Nana Russell

·       Charles Rogers

·       Vera Rogers passing - She'll keep!

·       My Great Aunts - part 1

·       My Great Aunts - part 2

·       How my grandparents and parents met

·       Cause of death of my grandparents

 

My Parents

·       The Nomadic Life of Vernon Russell

·       Ancestor occupations

·       My father's Navy service - part 1 - Overview

·       My father's Navy service - part 2 - The Ship

·       My father's Navy service - part 3 - Log of Dates

·       My father's Navy service - part 4 - Ship's Log

·       War Story - Vernon Russell

·       Memories of a grandfather - by Chris Russell

·       Marrying a cousin - my parents

·       The bridal shower

 

Other Russell connections

·       Second Cousins

·       Distant connections between my wife's ancestors, and my Pierpont/Russell ancestors

·       New Milford connections

·       Contacting cousins

·       Finding a birth mother

·       Finding a birth mother - part 2

·       Russells, Russells, everywhere

·       The shot heard round the world

·       Presidential Connections

·       Finding living relatives

·       Pierpont-Russell connections

·       A cousin web

·       The Oliver Wolcott connection

·       Famous and not-so-famous Russells

·       Finding Cousin Jane

·       William Merchant Russell

·       The James Walter Russell family

·       The James Walter Russell family - part 2

 

Miscellaneous

·       Slave Owners in my family tree

·       Mayflower ancestors in a Jewish family (Levy)

·       Were my Levy Ancestors Jewish?

·       Tracing my Jewish heritage

·       Jewish cousins

·       Jewish cousins - part 2

·       Indians, Moravians and Ancestors

·       Finding and losing relatives

·       The Russell wives

·       Serving their country

·       Tribute to a Russell cousin

·       Robert Earl Russell - the last of his generation

·       DNA testing find Charlotte Russell

·       Carrying on the Russell name

·       Why I do what I do

·       Marrying my cousin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment