Thursday, December 24, 2020

Index to Pierpont Blogs

As we reach the end of a decade, I have now written 500 entries in my blog since beginning in February 2015. I’ve written on a variety of subjects, but there are a few deserve special recognition – stories about the Pierpont family, stories about my Russell ancestors, and stories about the history of my hometown, Wolcott, CT. I’ve written so many about these three topics that I thought it might be helpful to put together an index of all the stories in these areas.

This is the index for all those stories about the Pierpont family, organized into various categories to make it easier to read them (instead of doing a search in my blog and reading them in chronological order).

Origins of the Pierpont Family

·       My Norman ancestors

·       My Pedigree

·       William the Conqueror

·       William the Conqueror - part 2

·       William the Conqueror and the Pierrepont family

·       An unexpected connection

·       Lords and Sirs in the family tree

·       Name change when coming to the Americas

·       Changing names

·       First Church of Roxbury, MA

·       The Pierponts of Roxbury, Massachusetts

·       Pioneers of Massachusetts

·       Lost Dukedom of the New England Pierponts

 

Rev. James Pierpont of New Haven and his immediate family

·       James Pierpont

·       Harvard and Yale

·       James Pierpont and Yale

·       Yale - part 2

·       Princeton University

·       James Pierpont siblings and cousins

·       Carrying on the family name and business

·       James Pierpont descendants

·       Summary of connections to other Connecticut founding families

·       A triple marriage - three grandsons of Rev. James Pierpont

·       Religious Leader ancestors

 

My Pierpont Grandparents

·       A tangled Wolcott web

·       Sam and Hattie Nichols - my grandfather's "adoptive" parents

·       How my grandparents and great-grandparents met

·       My Pierpont grandparents

·       Grandparent Cousins

·       Trail blazer with a bucket of paint

·       Waterbury Hall of Fame

·       Cause of death of grandparents

 

The Blackman Family

·       The Blackman and Talmadge family

·       Prospect Connections

·       The Reno Nevada connection

·       Edna Blackman

·       My Great Aunts - part 1

·       My Great Aunts - part 2

 

My Mother’s Family

·       My mother's Pierpont cousins

·       Second Cousins

·       Ancestor occupations

·       Spouses of my mother's siblings

·       Stories from my mother - part 1 - My Dad

·       Stories from my mother - part 2 - After 8th grade

·       Stories from my mother - part 3 - After High School

·       Stories from my mother - part 4 - Camping

·       Stories from my mother - part 5 - Memories of Camping

·       Stories from my mother - part 6 - Memories of Dawn

·       Stories from my mother - part 7 - Open House

 

Other Pierponts

·       Famous/Infamous Ancestors

·       Helen Pierpont - Traveling to China

·       The William Russell chest

·       The men in Margaret Miller's life

·       Charles Somers Miller

·       Hezekiah Pierrepont and Brooklyn

·       Hezekiah Pierrepont - Gilbert Stuart portrait of George Washington

·       The John Pierpont Study Table

·       Albert Pierrepont - Hangman

·       J. Pierpont Morgan

·       James Lord Pierpont - The Original Jingle Bells

·       James Lord Pierpont - Is Jingle Bells racist?

·       Lawyers and Politicians in the family tree

·       400 Years of John/James Pierpont

·       Ernest Hemingway

·       Daniel Pierpont Bible

 

Miscellaneous

·       Slave Owners in the Pierpont Family Tree

·       Slave Owners in my family tree

·       Battle of New Haven

·       Distant connections between my wife's ancestors, and my Pierpont/Russell ancestors

·       Leaving a legacy

·       The Pierpont Wives

·       My extended Pierpont family relatives in Wolcott

·       Ron James Pierpont - filling a hole in your life

·       Connecting the New England and VA/MD Pierpont families

·       Presidential Connections

·       Inter-family marriages

·       Henry Ward Beecher and Harriet Beecher Stowe

·       Why I do what I do

·       The Alcox/Alcott - Pierpont Connection

No comments:

Post a Comment