Sunday, April 10, 2016

Day 10 – A fruit you dislike and why

Day 10 – A fruit you dislike and why

I’m not a real fan of grapefruit. Even though my father would have it in the morning sometimes when I was growing up, I just couldn’t eat it myself. Although I am not terribly fond of citrus fruits in general, I will have them, or at least their juice, from time to time. Orange juice is ok, lemon is fine for things like lemon cake, but there is no redeeming value to grapefruit. It’s too acidic for me, too sour in taste, and it’s something that I will only tolerate if needed to be polite in certain circumstances.


Having done a fair amount of international travel, I’ve had the opportunity to try some truly strange fruits in other countries. And I suppose that some of them I only had because they were rather unique – “sour balls” in Venezuela comes to mind. But grapefruit remains on my avoidance list.

No comments:

Post a Comment