Saturday, April 23, 2016

Day 22 – Your morning routine

Day 22 – Your morning routine

I’m a very planned and organized person. And since my major investment of time these days is helping take care of the grandsons who live with us, my morning routine is pretty much the same Monday through Friday.

Many of the things that some people do in the morning I choose to do the night before. Shower, shaving, changing my underwear are all evening activities. That means that since I nearly always am dressing in t-shirt and jeans, I’m already mostly dressed when I wake up.

I have an alarm on my phone set for 7:00am. It has a nice pleasant ring that wakes both my wife and I. I spend a few minutes talking to my wife, telling her I love her, giving a quick kiss or a snuggle before getting out of bed. Because of my preparations the night before, I just have to pull on my jeans and my shoes to be dressed (because of the foot problems I have been having I wear the same pair of customized shoes every day). Then it’s a quick stop in the bathroom which includes brushing my hair and I’m ready to greet the world.


I have a light breakfast of either toast or perhaps a donut, check my email and have a quick look at the news. Then I can be out the front door and up the stairs at the back of the garage to our daughter and son-in-law’s apartment at 7:30. They have both left for work by this time. So our further routine is to ensure that the oldest (who is in kindergarten) is up, dressed (his mom lays out his clothes the night before), my wife prepares his breakfast while I pack his lunch box and clean up the living room/play room of any toys that didn’t get put away from their playing the previous night. I then take him to his car pool at 8:00 and when I get back I’m ready for “work”, i.e. overseeing the other three grandboys for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment