Saturday, April 23, 2016

Day 24 – Something you miss

Day 24 – Something you miss

I miss having my parents around. For the past several years I have done a lot of research into my genealogy. Although my mother’s family has been well known and traced back to the origin of the family name 10 centuries ago, my father’s family tree has been relatively unknown. But I’ve now traced it back not only to as long ago as my mother’s family line, but for another eight hundred years before that. I’ve also done a lot of building out a descendant tree from my great-great-great-grandfather and have discovered and connected with many of my Russell relatives.

I think that all of that would be of great interest to my parents. But it’s all taken place since they passed away and I can no longer share it with them. I also would have loved to talk to them more about their experiences growing up. While I know the basics, there is also much that I don’t know. This is the reason why I decided to write my own autobiography – so my children and grandchildren know all the stories about myself in the level of detail that I wish I knew about my own ancestors.


But alas, now I am the “old man” in the family and those opportunities are no longer available to me. But I can at least do my part to pass what I do know so it is not lost in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment