Monday, April 4, 2016

Day 4 – Ten interesting facts about yourself

Day 4 – Ten interesting facts about yourself

1 – I could join Mensa if I wanted to. My SAT scores and IQ tests from high school qualify me, but I have no interest in joining.

2 – Although I still give my height at 6’2”, it’s now closer to 6’1”. My official height back many decades ago was 6’1-5/8”, which is rounded up to 6’2”. When I got an official check two years ago I was 6’1-1/4”. That’s actually pretty good as it means that I only lost 3/8” between the ages of 40 and 65 when the average is a full inch. But it does mean that I’m really not 6’2” any more. However, because I carry myself so well, 6’2” is a good measure to most people.

3 – For light reading, I usually read with my eyes travelling down the center of the page and taking in a whole line at a time. It only takes me two hours to read an average 200 page novel.

4 – One of my ancestors co-authored the Tyndale Bible in the 1500’s (when William Tyndale died he completed the translation). For this he was martyred.

5 – I paid for my college education by recapping truck tires for two summers.

6 – I have vertigo but not acrophobia. If there is a railing, I have no problem with being up high, but take away the railing and I’ll get dizzy and have to stay away from the edge.

7 – I developed my own spreadsheet to calculate my taxes about 20 years ago. I’m too cheap to buy TurboTax and my spreadsheet does all that I need anyway.

8 – I’m an Agatha Christie fan. I have a copy of every book that she’s written.

9 – I stopped watching network television (ABC/NBC/CBS) about 40 years ago – so long ago that I still don’t know “who shot J.R.” from the show Dallas. I have no regrets about this decision as there is so little of value on TV. I’ve also never watched the Oscars, the Emmys, CMT, or any of the other “star” award shows.


10 – I became a Christian in my late 20’s, and that is also a decision I’ve never regretted.

No comments:

Post a Comment