Monday, April 25, 2016

Day 30 – One thing you’re excited for

Day 30 – One thing you’re excited for

As I get older and even more cognizant that there are a lot fewer years ahead of me on this earth than there are behind me, I get excited about the life that lies ahead – when I can shed this earthly body and all its limitations and spend my days with Jesus Christ.

I have accepted Him into my life unconditionally and have full assurance that I will spend eternity with Him. I have not earned this by what I’ve done for Him – certainly I am far from perfect – rather it is something that He has done for me!

And this seems like such a fitting topic to end this 30-day writing challenge – an opportunity for me to share my faith and write about what is the most important thing to me. I don’t do it enough and tend to let my actions speak instead. I hope that most people are quite aware that I am a Christian because of the things I do (or don’t do). But I don’t want to be someone who is annoying because they are so interested in presenting Christ that they forget to listen to the other person or to be aware of the body language of the people around them. But in trying to avoid this type of situation, I probably go too far the other way and forget that people need to hear the message of hope. I’ll shout it here so there is no doubt …

I AM A CHRISTIAN, A COMMITTED FOLLOWER OF JESUS CHRIST!

I’m not going to preach a sermon in this blog entry, but I’d like everyone to know that this life here on earth is not everything. There is an eternity beyond this and you have a choice about where you’ll get to spend it. Choose Christ – you’ll be glad you did.

And I’ll finish with this thought for those of you who may be doubters and who believe that once you die it’s all over and there is nothing more.

If you are right and I’m wrong – then I have lost nothing. In fact, I’ve still gained because I can face each day with a positive attitude.


But if I’m right and you’re wrong – then you have lost everything! Don’t make that mistake! Accept Him into your life. You won’t regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment