Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Day 5 – A place you would live, but have never visited

Day 5 – A place you would live, but have never visited

This is a tough question to answer, partly because I have had the opportunity to visit so many nice places during my life. But here are some of the criteria I would use.

First, I am not a fan of warmer climates – my theory is that you can always put more clothes on, but there is only so much you can take off. I dislike climates where you are always sweating, one of the reasons I have not considered moving to Florida upon retirement like so many do.

Second, while I had had some terrific times visiting countries where the standard of living is much less than the US, if I was going to live someplace I would like a standard of living that was at least somewhat reasonable, including access to some of the amenities that I have gotten used to.

Finally, I would want to live in a place where the people are fairly friendly and where I was not treated as a stranger during the time it took for me to adapt to the local customs (and the local language).


So, with those criteria in mind, I have a couple of places in mind that would suit me. But since the question is given as “place” in the singular, I am only allowed to choose one. Therefore, I think I will choose Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment